-
September 24th, 2000, 12:19 AM
#1
Inactive Member
What is the best Video Capturing Card for normal video? How much is it? Are there any good ones for around $200? I just bought an ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Pro 32mb card, and was wondering if it's any good?
Please just give ANY input on capturing cards.
-
September 24th, 2000, 08:52 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I've been using the ATI AIW for a while and have found it to be okay. I can capture at 352x288 without dropping frames but I had to upgrade my computer to 500Mhz to get decent results. If you've got a powerful computer the ATI will be alright but you'll probably end up finding that you want a more powerful card.
-
September 26th, 2000, 12:14 AM
#3
Inactive Member
I bought the ATI TV WONDER VE card for 50 bucks. You can watch cable TV on it, and you can capture video from it @ 640x480 30fps in premiere. The only problem is that the compression codec it uses for capturing makes really large files that you will have to recompress. Its a great card and for 50 bucks you cant beat it.
The down side: You can't output video from the card, and the way you get sound from the card is a little odd. But those are minor problems, if problems at all.
I use that card to capture analog video and I output the video through a firewire card. You will need a fast hard drive at something as fast as 7200 rpms, or an ATA controller card + drive of some kind.
-
September 26th, 2000, 02:18 PM
#4
eddie
Guest
I have a Pinnacle DC30, which I thought was on the cheap side, but reading these posts makes me think it must be pretty high range.
It an capture and export full screen video,
(720x540) at 25fps with no noticable loss of quality, so long as you think about what you are doing. (lower the data rate for fast changing scenes)
-
September 26th, 2000, 02:57 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I've bought the ATI All-in-Wonder 128 Pro (32Mb) last week!
I've was shopping around for different things, but I got told that this was the best card to get (in terms of price & quality)
It does a good job of capturing at 352*288... (and my CPU is 400Mhz)
I haven't had any major problems with it yet... yet...
anyways, you've already bought the capture card... so have a play around - "suck it & see" - then if you find something better... sell it on, cut your loses, and buy that new one!!! EASY!
do play around with it!!! don't assume it's going to produce mircles for you! you have to configure it correctly, and be persistant!
-
September 26th, 2000, 05:07 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I just got a Pinnacle DC10 for $175 (Canadaian). My computer crashed so I do not know how well it works yet, but it is apparently one of the best models out there, and I know for a fact that pinnacle products give consistant results.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks